Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Southport, NC/ Ft Caswell

Well here I am in one of my favorite places to visit, SOuthport, NC. I had to come here to do a presentation for Campbell University to kids at a camp that is owned and operated by the Baptist State Convention of NC. Again this year was nothing as expected. Last year we talked to a group of 20, yea, this year a group of 500+. This is our second year doing this and it is fastly becoming a yearly trip for my dad and I. Southport is a town that is about 40 miles away from he and mom. Each year he comes up here with me and stays in the hotel and and night we just go and hang out.

Today we ate lunch at a local restaurant on the water called Fishy, Fishy. Yes two words. It is the coolest place ever. Great food. After that we went and looked at a few places for he and mom. They are looking at moving to this area. It is really nice and is such a quite little town. They are looking for a place that is quite common down here which has a downstairs store front business and then the upstairs is living quarters. Both the down stairs and upstairs are about 1500 sq ft. So ideal size for two people. After we looked around for a while we then went to eat dinner at another local place called Zachary's. Great steaks. Really enjoyed that place too.

I tell you I have made a couple of trip to NC beaches and they are quickly becoming my favorite places to vacation. I mean I have been fortunate enough to travel to some very lush destinations and these places are my cup of tea!

Below are a list of my top 5 vacation destinations:

1. Ft. Fisher, NC
2. Southport, NC
3. Stone Mountain, NC (yes, NC)
4. Sarasota, FL
5. Williamsburg, VA

No comments: