Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Military duty and getting hurt

So the last seven weeks of life have been a bit of a struggle in terms of triathlon training.  First, I spent the last six weeks on military duty and while I thought I would be able to keep up the T training, I was wrong!  On top of the already demanding schedule, we had our daily workouts of Crossfit and yoga, what a workout, but not conducive to training for distant events.  I did however take a weekend and go buy a new Quintana Roo bike, but I havent had the chance to really get it out on the road yet.

My last day of training I was excited to get back home and begin training only to sprain my ankle the last night of duty, UH!!!!  I have been out of commission for almost two weeks now with a class 4 sprain.  Hurts worse than when I broke it a few years back. After two weeks, it's till pretty swollen.

I was supposed to participate in a Triathlon last weekend but the injury forced me out.  I wanted to keep that drive alive so my six year old daughter and I decided to go and volunteer at the race which meant us getting up at 4am to help out.  She was a real trooper and was great with all the athletes.  I am hoping one more week of icing and I can get back out there.  The next scheduled race is the end of June.

No comments: